Friday, 7 August 2015

My Favourite YA Comedy and Contemporary Reads

Hello,
Its been a while but I thought I could re-enter the world of blogging with a bang! Lately I have been kind of addicted to reading(more than my phone;) Most books I buy are from the Teen or YA section. I have read many books and would consider myself to be very well-read(had to do a pun) on this genre. Now I also have to explain where I have been lately and I actually have no excuse except for laziness. So now to get started!
From Top to Bottom
Mindy Kaling "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me"? (and other concerns)

I highly enjoyed this book. As a huge Mindy Kaling fan I had very high expectations and this book did not disappoint. It took me into a whole new realm of Mindy and it was just awesome. This is definitely worth reading, re-reading and re-re-reading. It was very funny and I am currently counting down the day until her next book comes out 
Rating 5/5 

Ann Brashares "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"
This Novel was great. It was funny and very heartwarming. I would recommend this to anyone who likes girly novels with lots of relatable characters
Rating 4/5 

Rainbow Rowell "Eleanor and Park"
Wow. This book was amazing. I would have to say Rowell is one of my very favourite teen authors. This story made me so happy and sad and everything in between. You could say I got "the feels" from this book. Will be reading it again and again.
Rating 5/5

Sophie Kinsella "Finding Audrey"
This book was a very well written light and easy read. I flew through it(took and hour to read). It was very well written and would read it again.
Rating 4/5

Rainbow Rowell "Fangirl"
Yes another Rowell book. This book was just as good as E&P and has a slightly different vibe. This book was a very easy read and had even more relatable characters. This I would say is one of my personal very favourites.
Rating 5/5

Jandy Nelson "I'll Give You the Sun"
This book falls in my personal favourites. It was beautifully written and the metaphors were great. Noah and Jude were some of the best developed characters I have ever read. You worried with them and laughed with them. I recommend this book to literally everyone
Rating 5/5
Thanks for reading!
Calla

No comments:

Post a Comment