Tuesday, 16 February 2016

How to De-Stress and Evening Essentials

Good Evening(or morning where ever you guys are),
   I thought it would be a good idea to share some of my tips on how to de-stress and products I use before bed. I always think it's good to develop a bedtime routine because this will help your body relax and you may even find it easier to fall asleep.  

Tip 1: Wash your face!
I always love to wash my face with warm water and a gentle skin cleanser and it really helps me relax. And developing a skincare routine  is another way  to maintain healthy skin.

Tip 2: Have a bath
Another thing that I find super relaxing is having a bath. Adding a Lush bath bomb makes your bath fizzy and not to mention smells amazing. A current bath bomb favourite is the butter bear bath bomb from Lush. Baths are not just relaxing but also help you get clean.



Tip 3: Nail and hand care 
Painting my nails has always been one of my favourite ways to relax. It sounds weird but I feel like it makes me happy and feels like i've made an accomplishment(not really). My favourite nail and hand care items are the Lemony flutter cuticle butter from Lush and the "I'm kind of a big deal" Trust Fund Beauty nail polish that came in my Ipsy bag.





Tip 4: Plan!
The feeling of being on top of all your tasks and assignments is great. At the end of the day all I want to do is watch an episode of Greys Anatomy or read a book but when I haven't completed a work task or homework I cannot fully enjoy my indulgences. Using a planner is a great way to stay on top of all your assignments. It feels good to have everything written down so I can go to sleep knowing that I have everything under control.


I think moisturizing your skin is really important. I have really dry skin so it is important that I have a good body lotion on hand. My favourite is the charity pot hand and body lotion from Lush because it hydrates my skin and is not too heavy.


The same goes for your lips, dry and cracked lips are unattractive and painful. I recommend using a heavy, hydrating lip balm so you can wake up with soft lips. My favourite balm is the Surfers Salve from Island Soap and Candlework's which I purchased from the island of Kauai.

Tip 5: Read a good book
I absolutely love to read. I don't think this generation  reads enough, sometimes you just need to take your eyes away from your phone for a minute and slip into a great book. If you read my blog often you will know that I love to read memoirs from my favourite comedians. Right now, I am reading Yes Please by Amy Poehler which is such a great book!

Hope these tips will help you relax!
Goodnight
Calla


1 comment:

  1. Nice tips! I wish I had time to do this every night😕

    ReplyDelete