Saturday, 9 April 2016

Oahu Trip Pictures

Hello everyone,
   
As promised I am doing the second part of my travel guide thing. Sorry I have not been able to post this sooner, I  had an overload of work since I was away an extra week due to being sick. 
  This year I had tons of fun in Oahu, even though we have been to this island several times previously it still feels like a new adventure each time.  Lots of people always ask me, "what's your favourite island?", my reply is always the same, which is that I cannot choose because they are all so wonderful. You seriously can't go wrong choosing an island. 
  I am very thankful to be able to go on trips like this and be able to share these memories with you guys.

I did not get any photos of shopping but I will list some of my favourite shopping areas and stores.
1.) Kailua shops: Mahina, Sand People, Global Village, SoHa Living
2.) Ala Moana Shopping Centre
3.) Waikele Outlets



  A little bit on where I stayed
Island: Oahu, Hawaii
Area: Kailua
Property type: Vacation rental off of VRBO


Lanikai Beach- near Kailua beach where we stayed

Right off of our property in Kailua- beautiful scenery and amazing waves

Another of sunny Lanikai with the twin islands in background

A highlight of my trip! The pillbox hike has beautiful views and  is super fun. I recommend going in the morning so that you do not get too got, especially when you do the full hike like we did.

Another picture from the pillbox hike-towards the start of the hike

Great view from the pillbox hike 


This is a picture of another small island from a scenic point along the highway near Sandy Beach- if you come in whale season be sure to visit here

Classic beach photo on Kailua Beach

I managed to sneak a photo of some spinner dolphins we saw on a wonderful snorkel trip which included three stops

A great place in Haleiwa to get Gelato is Gelato Hawaii

We stopped on the side of the road on the North Shore to get some cool pics of the waves

Another pic from the North Shore

On our last full day we went to an amazing beach that had some cool sand and shells- I cannot remember the name of the beach but I do know that it is near Turtle Beach on the North Shore

Aloha
I always love to find cats in Hawaii, it has become somewhat a tradition. I named him Sunny

Last but not least- Sunset Beach North Shore- Amazing place to watch waves and immerse yourself in the Hawaiian lifestyle

XX
Calla


No comments:

Post a Comment