Monday, 27 June 2016

Book Favourites Part Two!

Hello world,
     Happy summer! I am so glad I can finally sit back and enjoy the summer sun. So a little while ago I did a blogpost about some of my favourite books and I wanted to do another book post. I know my blog focuses on beauty but books are such an important part of my life that I can't skip out on doing another bookish post. On a more sappy note, books have gotten me through really are times and have always been important. Part of the reason I have confidence is because book characters inspire me to be myself and have helped shape who I am today. I don't know wether it is the relatability of the characters or the hardships they experience but books always make me feel better.
     I like to read a wide variety books from classics to mystery novels. My favourite genre is contemporary because it takes a really great writer to make a contemporary novel unique and not too cliché. I also really love adventure and mystery novels because they are packed with action and suspense( and a little romance). So if you are looking for something to read look to my book posts for some inspiration. Thank you so much guys for reading my blog!


Book 1: Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
   Classics are some of my very favourite books to read because there is always something special that makes a classic book a classic. Sense and Sensibility is always a book I will keep close to my heart because the characters are very relatable and strong throughout the book. Jane Austen's subtle humour and irony contribute to the greatness of this book. I always look up to Eleanor Dashwood because she was a very strong and relatable character. Another thing I enjoyed about this book was the bond between Eleanor and Marianne, which was an amazing sisterly bond. If anyone has watched or read Bridget Jones' Diary they will know(and love) the character of Mark Darcy who is very similar to the Mr. Darcy in Jane Austen's book.

Book 2: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
This book is soon good. It is very sad and what I mean by sad is sitting in your bed at 11pm crying your heart out. But it also shines light on the fact that life is short and that you should live in the present and enjoy the people around you while they are there. I could also relate to Louisa's character because she was quirky and outspoken just like me:)


Book 3 To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
   This is probably one of my all time favourite books. I absolutely love the characters because all of them are very well written and some of the Situations Lara Jean finds herself in are hilarious! This book also kinda reminds me of the relationship between me and my friends which is similar to the three sisters form the book. I also kind find certain aspects of this book embarrassingly relatable.


Book 4 A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
  This is a fairly new book that I just picked up at chapters. I read it in two days because it was so suspenseful. This book is a classic mystery novel with a twist, the two main characters are the descendants of Holmes and Watson! I loved this book because it was very unique and had a very interesting storyline. The character of Charlotte was definitely not relatable to me or frankly to anyone I know but was a very strong character all in all. If you like mystery and suspense novels you will enjoy this one!

Book 5 Rebel of the Sands By Alwyn Hamilton
  I just finished reading this book yesterday! I thoroughly enjoyed this book for many reasons including; the main character, the setting, and the storyline. Amani was an incredibly strong character that is very inspiring. I also loved the setting of the desert because it was unique and really added to the story. I also enjoyed the fact that the main character had many flaws but went through some major character development making it a very interesting read.




Thank you so much!
XX
Calla








No comments:

Post a Comment